Intent of my Blog
So, in today’s post i will be writing down the key points from his lecture.I would recommend that you should listen this presentation.
- It is not a scripting language but a complete Functional Programming Language
- It is the most Popular Programming Language
- LiveScript was the first language to be put into the browser.
- NetScape and Sun Microsystems joined hands to beat MicroSoft
- Key Ideas :-
- Load and go definition – This means that programs are executed as source code as text
- Loose Typing
- Object as generic container
- Prototypal Inheritance — Which means Objects can inherit objects
- lambda -Function as first class objects
- Linkage through global variables
13. When you use parseInt function always use radix parseInt(“08”,10)
16. == and != do type coersion
17. === and !== are faster and more reliable.
These were some of the important points from the talk.